The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators works to promote the highest standard of animal care in wildlife rehabilitation by providing educational and networking opportunities among wildlife rehabilitation and regulatory agencies
The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators (CCWR) works to promote the highest standards of animal care in wildlife by providing educational and network opportunities among wildlife rehabilitators and regulatory agencies.
Who We Are
CCWR was formed in 1993 by wildlife rehabilitators concerned with the future of wildlife rehabilitation in California.
CCWR’s membership is made up of California wildlife rehabilitators, rehabilitation and rescue organizations, and regulatory agencies. These individuals and organizations focus on the care of injured and orphaned wildlife as well as provide public education.
CCWR is a progressive organization dedicated to facing the issues and concerns of wildlife rehabilitators throughout California.
CCWR offers an Annual Symposium, Newsletters, a Website, Yahoo ListServe Group and Action Alerts to attain the following goals:
- Promote professionalism in the field of wildlife rehabilitation
- Encourage the sharing of ideas and solutions
- Create training opportunities that meet continuing education requirements
- Build awareness to time-sensitive issues
- Encourage regional meetings and active participation
- Encourage state-wide protocols for consistency of animal care
CCWR membership provides the opportunity for California wildlife rehabilitators to exchange ideas and learn from each other. Through networking, we come together with a strong and cohesive voice to address state-wide issues we all face.