The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators (CCWR) represents a progressive group of dedicated wildlife specialists in California. Our members include wildlife rehabilitators, rescue, rehabilitation and service organizations and regulatory agencies.
Our members offer a full range of programs and services throughout the state, including public education, wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, humane exclusion services, volunteer and employment opportunities.
Date and Location: Oct 26 – 29, 2018 near Petaluma, CA at the Earthrise Retreat Center
Learn more at https://ccwr.org/symposium
Registration is closed. Registrants will receive an email confirmation in the next few days.
The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators is dedicated to advancing wildlife rehabilitation and supporting wildlife in a changing world.
If your facility is affected by an emergency, such as a fire or flood, please contact email@example.com immediately and we can put out a call for assistance to members in your region.
I wanted to remind everybody that Sonoma County Wildlife Rescue has offered $2500 to the top 5 California wildlife rehabilitation organizations with the highest percentage of Reunites/Returns/Fosters for animals accepted in 2018.
CCWR will facilitate this award by accepting emailed reports created by WRMD to firstname.lastname@example.org (there was a typo in the email that went out – please send to this email address) no later than Thursday Oct 25, 2018. These reports will be available within the report section of WRMD in the Disposition category by the beginning of next week.
The definitions of these include:
- Reunites = successful babies reuniting with parents
- Returns = 24-hr turn around to get the patients released
- Fosters = successful adoption from a wild foster family
The idea behind this award is to help organizations to focus more resources on Reunites/Returns/Fosters While up front it may take more effort, in the long run not only do the wild patients benefit, but wildlife rehabilitation organizations save valuable resources by focusing their attention on patients that really need their help.
There are only 2 requirements that Sonoma County Wildlife Rescue has made mandatory to participate in this award.
- Your organization must have a CCWR membership or if you are a small organization, you yourself are a CCWR member.
- You must use WRMD, as the data will be facilitated through a WRMD report to determine the winners.
You do not need to attend the symposium to win, but winners will be announced on Sunday, Oct 28th at the annual banquet and notified ASAP.
First prize will receive $700
If you can not participate this year, there is talk of doing this again next year and potentially doubling the award amount.
Board of Directors
Membership Committee Chair
- Avian Botulism Responder (Volunteer), Bird Ally X & Tulelake National Wildlife Refuge, Tulelake, CA
- Animal Caretaker, Corvid Connection, Clayton, CA
Out of State
- Manu O Ku (Whiter Tern) Intern, Hawaii Wildlife Center, Kapaʻau, HI
- Hospital Intern, Hawaii Wildlife Center, Kapaʻau, HI
Visit the Opportunities page for more information.