The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators (CCWR) represents a progressive group of dedicated wildlife specialists in California. Our members include wildlife rehabilitators, rescue, rehabilitation and service organizations and regulatory agencies.
Our members offer a full range of programs and services throughout the state, including public education, wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, humane exclusion services, volunteer and employment opportunities.
The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators is dedicated to advancing wildlife rehabilitation and supporting wildlife in a changing world.
If your facility is affected by an emergency, such as a fire or flood, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and we can put out a call for assistance to members in your region.
Just a reminder that the CCWR Annual Membership Meeting will be held on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 9:00 am in the Ballroom North/Center at Embassy Suites Hotel by Hilton in San Luis Obispo (333 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405). Active members do not need to purchase a symposium registration to attend the membership meeting. The presentation slides will be posted in the members-only section of the CCWR website after the meeting for all members to view.
- Symposium Update
- California Fire Updates
- CDFW News
- October Calendar
- Avian Mortality Alert
- Summary of Symposium Schedule Changes
- News You Can Use
- What the Pacific Wren Hears
- Cats Kill One Million Birds a Day in Australia
- The Starling and Falcon Dance
- Wild-Born Black-Footed Ferret Kits Found Outside of Meeteetse
- Concern Grows Over Effect of Treated Seeds
Download the October 2017 ENews!!!
Unfortunately, the CCWR rooms set aside at the Embassy Suites Hotel by Hilton in San Luis Obispo are all taken. We have already bumped up the number of rooms from the initial contract and the hotel is not willing to add more rooms to the block.
One of the more complicated aspects of planning this event each year is estimating how many rooms to reserve. If we book too many, CCWR has to pay for the unused rooms out of pocket; too few, and our members have to pay more or seek accommodations elsewhere. We appear to have more people attending than we’d anticipated, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
There are a number of hotels in the area. You can use this link to find hotels near the symposium that might have availability. There are also vacation rentals available, if a group of people want to rent together. See VRBO or AIRBNB. We will also be putting out a call for those who might want to share their room and/or carpool.
Alternate housing arrangements are being discussed on the Gaggle email group. If you are not a member and want to be added, I can add you to the list (just email me at email@example.com).
Just added: Saturday at 6:30 pm in the Foyer, join CCWR for an free appetizer buffet. A no-host beer and wine bar will also be available.
Printable full agenda or by day, with presentation abstracts and presenter biographies:
9/27/2017 Schedule Changes:
- Added times and locations for early morning and evening events.
9/25/2017 Schedule Changes:
- Swapped Saturday 10:30 am “Darting and Disentanglement of CA Sea Lion” with Sunday 3:00 pm “Orphan Opossum Care Made Easy”.
- Moved CCWR General Meeting to 9:00 am Saturday, just before the keynote speaker.
- Sunday evening the Silent Auction items will be available for bidding at 6:30 pm, buffet dinner (ticket required) at 7:00, with Silent Auction closeout at 8:00 pm
9/14/2017 Schedule Changes:
- Swapped Saturday 3:30 pm “Strategies for Effective Floor Management” with Sunday 11:30 am “Avian Exam Lab Lecture”. This allows for no overlap between the Avian Exam Lab Lecture and the Avian Wash Session #1 so participants can sign up for both labs.
Visit the Symposium 2017 page for all the details.