If you want to report an injured or orphaned animal, please contact a local wildlife rehabilitation facility. To find a facility in your area, visit the California Department of Fish and Wildlife website.
Symposium Registration is open. Visit the Symposium page for all the details.
The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators (CCWR) represents a progressive group of dedicated wildlife specialists in California. Our members include wildlife rehabilitators, rescue, rehabilitation and service organizations and regulatory agencies.
Our members offer a full range of programs and services throughout the state, including public education, wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, humane exclusion services, volunteer and employment opportunities.
The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators is dedicated to advancing wildlife rehabilitation and supporting wildlife in a changing world.
If your facility is affected by an emergency, such as a fire, please contact email@example.com immediately and we can put out a call for assistance to members in your region.
The final agenda for the 2016 symposium is posted. The schedule is final, barring any speaker emergencies.
Our website has gone through a bit of a renovation to update the look and feel and add some new features. The content from the previous site has been moved over and updated, as needed. If you have bookmarks to any pages in the previous site, they will no longer work. If you have any questions about where something can be found on the new site, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online contact form.
Individual active members have now been set up with an account and membership. Each should have received an email message with the subject line “Your CCWR Member Account is Ready” and instructions on how to log in. If you don’t recall receiving such a message, simply go to the Lost Password page, enter your email address in the box and hit the Set/Reset button. You will receive an email with instructions if we have you in our system. If there are any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- We have a new logo (although not necessarily the final format or color) and color scheme.
- News items are featured on the home page and photos in a slider (if you have images to share, please send them).
- All email addresses are scrambled to keep robots from sending spam.
- The online forms (Contact CCWR, Job/Internship/Volunteer Position form, Animal Placement form) are available under the Contact Forms navigation tab and protected by Captcha, again to reduce spam.
- There are many advances in the background to make maintaining the site easier, such as automatic expiration of jobs and animal placement ads.
- Members should have received an email alert today (April 29) with the new password.
- The site is fully responsive, so if you view it on any other device (cell phone, tablet), it will work well and look good.
- Site encryption (https://) to protect any personal information on the site.
- The site is searchable.
- Each active member will have their own login and profile to complete. This will allow active members to participate in a online unmoderated forum and the member directory will be online, up-to-date and searchable. If you are an active member and have not received an email notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have your own membership account on this site, there will be a way for you to login simply by filling out a form with your email address and you will receive a direct link in your email – no password required.
- Expect more online forms to replace Word/PDF/snail mail, such as symposium presentation proposals, Wild Guardian Award nominations, Committee Application forms, and much more.
The 2016 Symposium will be held at the Doubletree Hotel by Hilton in downtown Fresno, CA, with sessions schedule for October 22 – 24. Festivities will begin on Friday, October 21, with registration and a welcome reception. Save the Dates!
The hotel reservations are now open. Visit this personalized hotel link to begin the process and click on the “Book a Room” button. The special room rates (see below) will be available until October 7, or until the block of room are sold out.
Room Rates – each includes 2 breakfast tickets each day. There is no charge for parking.
- 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds – $139 per night
- King Suite at $169 per night