The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators (CCWR) represents a progressive group of dedicated wildlife specialists in California. Our members include wildlife rehabilitators, rescue, rehabilitation and service organizations and regulatory agencies.
Our members offer a full range of programs and services throughout the state, including public education, wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, humane exclusion services, volunteer and employment opportunities.
The California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitators is dedicated to advancing wildlife rehabilitation and supporting wildlife in a changing world.
If your facility is affected by an emergency, such as a fire or flood, please contact email@example.com immediately and we can put out a call for assistance to members in your region.
This is an opt-in members-only group email system for civil discussions between CCWR members on a variety of topics. This replaced the former Yahoo group, which became difficult to manage. If you are a member of the group, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the list. If you are not a member, the email will bounce back to you. If you are a CCWR member in good standing and want to participate in the group, send your request to join to email@example.com.
NOTE: Simply changing your member profile will not automatically add you to the Gaggle group email list. This is one aspect of the member profile that is not automatic. You can unsubscribe yourself, but action must be taken by the webmaster to add you to the group.
We are working on a printable member directory and want to offer members an opportunity to review their entry and verify if they want to be in the directory before we publish the final version.
Visit the “DRAFT – Printable Member Directory” page (log in required) to review your entry. Update your member profile to make changes. Please make changes before July 20, when the 2018 directory will be published.
Note: This will be a document you can print on demand. We will not be printing a hard-copy for mailing.
- Symposium Update
- Join the Board of Directors
- CDFW News
- July 2018 Calendar
- Printable Member Directory
- Modify your profile by July 20
- News You Can Use
- Woman Rescued a Baby Raccoon. Now, She and 20 Friends Need Rabies Treatment and Weld County (Colorado) Department of Public Health and Environment Press Release
- How to Tell a Raven From a Crow
- Bees are thriving more in cities than the countryside, new research finds
- Managing individual nests promotes population recovery of a top predator
- Why Cuba is home to a bounty of rare species
- About the banner photo
Download the July 2018 CCWR ENews!!!
- Animal Caretaker, Corvid Connection, Clayton, CA
- Responder Specialist, Oiled Wildlife Care Network, UC Davis
- Seasonal Wildlife Rescue Technician, Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA, Burlingame, CA
- Seasonal Wildlife Technician, Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA, Burlingame, CA
- Wildlife Hospital Coordinator, Lindsay Wildlife Experience, Walnut Creek, CA
- Wildlife Hospital Rehabilitation Manager, Lindsay Wildlife Experience, Walnut Creek, CA
- Visit the Opportunities page for more information.